#ModelMonday : The ABC's Of Networking
Happy Monday! I hope your week is off to a good start and that you are taking advantage of the opportunities I've been sending to your inbox. This #ModelMonday I'm going to concentrate on an area I find so valuable in and out of the modeling world and that is NETWORKING! Yes, networking is truly the key to success. It's not always what you know but who you know and the best way to increase the value of who you know is by networking! I came across a book By Andrea Nierenberg called Essential Business Networking: Tips, Tactics, and Tools You Can Use . In this text, she wrote the ABC's of Networking and I want to share them with you. This will not only help you expand your personal brand and model opportunities but it will also show you how you can incorporate networking into your everyday life without being "salesy".
The ABCs of Networking
This list of ABC’s is a simple way to remember some tactical and strategic networking actions:
- Take action with a positive attitude.
- Belong to groups. Build your brand.
- Connect with your contacts consistently and cultivate a relationship.
- Deliver above expectations.
- Engage, evolve, and empathize.
- Take a friendly approach.
- Set goals. “Go for it.” Show gratitude. Be giving.
- Humor and help go hand in hand.
- Be interested and have integrity.
- Join and get involved.
- Keep in touch and be kind.
- Listen and learn.
- Motivate yourself.
- Niceness pays.
- Ask open-ended questions. Take opportunities.
- Professionalism pays. Practice it.
- Set your own quota.
- Be a resource and do your research.
- Be strategic and wear a smile.
- Timing is everything. Trust is key.
- Understand others.
- Be versatile.
- Write letters and cards.
- Do it with love, XOXO (or at least like).
- Focus on “you”—meaning the other person you are connecting with.
- Have a zeal for the possibilities of new and nurtured relationships.
I personally appreciated ever ABC Andrea used. What's your favorite? Let me know in the comments below!